Sound insulation in the apartment. Installation with your own hands.
To protect your apartment as much as possible from extraneous noise, you need to identify all the weak points and purchase the necessary building materials for installation.
You can do it on your own and do not have to resort to the services of builders who charge huge amounts of money for their work
Building materials that are used for sound insulation are sold in almost all specialty stores and they are also very cheap.
Sound insulation, especially in old panel houses, is quite weak, especially if major repairs are made.
- The source of additional noise is the niches made for switches and sockets. They are usually quite large and deep. You should turn off the power supply and only then start working. After removing the sockets and switches, it is better to lay all the voids using foam or foam rubber. Then they are isolated with plaster. You can completely seal up these niches and put open-type products.
Only then will it be possible to start the main work on sound insulation of the walls.
Installation of sound insulation
As an insulating material, choose foam, but it will affect the ventilation of the room, as well as mineral wool. You can also put a plate of glass wool or special noise-insulating, having a thickness of at least five to seven millimeters.
- At the beginning, you should install a crate made of wood, but it has a small resonance, or metal structures. When mounting, it is better to use foam pads, as this will also give a noise-absorbing effect;
- The next step will be the installation of sound insulation boards or mineral wool;
- Sheets of drywall will be easy to install, as this material is very convenient to use;
- To create sandwich panels, special thin protective plates are purchased. They are glued or attached directly to the wall and only then put the crate.
Instead of drywall, you can install wooden or plastic panels, but here everything will depend on your own preferences.
1.Закон и недвижимость